By Terry Corbell
The Biz Coach
You Can Get Bigger Corporate Accounts in 5 Steps
So your company needs to grow and you’ve decided to go after bigger fish. Getting bigger corporate accounts is easier, if you develop the right system.
But not only must you have reason to be confident, you must position yourself and your company to instill confidence in your prospects.
Here are the keys to landing bigger accounts:
1. Start positioning your brand. Professionalism matters in order to build a relationship of trust. You must appear to be a professional peer. Size doesn’t matter but image and professionalism count.
Develop a great elevator pitch. After you make favorable sales contacts, you’ll be researched by your prospects. Make sure to use the best practices to optimize your brand, and manage your Web reputation.
2. Practice your sales approach. The secrets for success require your ability to implement the seven steps to higher sales and understand the five value perceptions that motivate sophisticated customers to buy from you. Of course, you must be ready to overcome objections.
Strategize on sales and networking strategies to build strong relationships. I wouldn’t rule out cold-calling.
3. Research potential customers. True, many salespeople don’t like clerical work, but you must do your homework. Countless potential sales have been lost because salespeople couldn’t demonstrate knowledge about prospective companies and their industries.
You can save some time in research by using tools such as Google Alerts for your targeted industries and companies. Once the sales dialogue starts or after you land the business, you’ll develop information you can give your prospects and customers. You’ll also develop multiple reasons to call on your prospects. Many will appreciate the attention.
4. Set goals. Develop a comprehensive list of prospects. Prioritize your prospects – A, B or C. Category A prospects should be followed-up every week. So use a suspense system to remind you when to make your sales calls.
5. Find needs to fill. Approach the people who will profit by doing business with you. Don’t commit the seven deadly sins of selling. To accelerate your success, contact 15 prospects a day. Don’t give up. Many salespeople give up too soon. The average sale takes five meaningful contacts. You also have to develop instincts in knowing when look elsewhere.
Be prepared to provide helpful information — another reason to use Google Alerts to keep you up-to-date for your sales prospects. Make sure the prospect feels it’s a good investment of their time to talk with you. Successful people want to save time and money while generating revenue.
From the Coach’s Corner, here are related resources:
- The Six Secrets of Becoming a Winning Sales Organization
- 60 Ground Rules for Effective Client Service
- Consultants – Strategies to Build Trust with Clients
It’s a thankless job but I’ve got a lot of Karma to burn off.
Author Terry Corbell has written innumerable online business-enhancement articles, and is a business-performance consultant and profit professional. Click here to see his management services. For a complimentary chat about your business situation or to schedule him as a speaker, consultant or author, please contact Terry.